Farm Fresh

Buckets of fresh-cut flowers at the Burbank Farmers’ Market this Saturday

What’s your favorite thing to do on days off? I’m usually a cozy-up-on-the-sofa, read, and eat-spoonfuls-of-Nutella-straight-out-of-the-container kinda gal, but as I worked away most of this weekend I found myself longing to venture out of the house. I decided to satisfy my wanderlust by popping over to the neighborhood farmers’ market, and – I must say – all the vibrant colors and whiffs of nature did wonders for me in a very short amount of time. I figured I’d share these pictures of farm freshness with you in case anyone else needs a little help bringing the outdoors inside on this Labor Day weekend. There really is nothing like glimpses of nature to get us inspired and feeling connected to life, after all. Don’t you agree?

These peaches and grapes looked so yummy; something about wood bins just gets me every time, too

Colorful eggplants and peppers make quite a feast for the eyes

Psst: I hope you’re enjoying an extended weekend and soaking up every last bit of summer. Did you stay in, go to a barbecue, or embark on far-flung adventures? Do tell! Leave a comment.

• Reply ellie September 5, 2011 at 1:23 pm

This looks awesome! On days off I’m usually catching up on work from school. But I love checking out new blogs, taking long walks, and having coffee with friends.

-Ellie

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 5, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I hear you on the work-catch-up nature of days off, Ellie. I hope you’ve had a little time to devote to all your favorite things over the long weekend, though. If not, pretend I just bought you a long-distance cup of coffee. 😉

• Reply Pat Oey September 5, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Thanks to the event of your wedding, we have been driving to Miramar Beach to walk the dogs on a regular basis. So that’s what we did today. We saw the cool artist houses and the B & B where you stayed. Thanks for getting us reacquainted with this lovely stretch of coastline!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 5, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I’m so happy to hear that I somehow helped inspire such a lovely part of your day. That beach really is incredible, and right now I’m fantasizing about walking Claude there with you guys and watching him, Merlin, and Piper roll around in the sand. Thanks for sharing this beautiful snippet of your Labor day! 🙂

• Reply clarissa September 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I don’t remember what we did, but I wanted to say hi & thanks for sharing & you rock & let me know when you are visiting!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 10, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Aw, thank you, Clarissa! You rock pretty hard core yourself. I will definitely keep you posted when I start planning our next trip to the Big Apple. I’m hoping this will be sometime next spring. (Fingers crossed for the sake of food carts and fabulous friends.) 🙂