Inspiring Tidbits, Movies and TV

Plans and Premieres

Our tireless producer laying an entire tile floor for the set of "Consumed" - I know there's a pun in here somewhere about best-laid plans, but I'll let you off the punny hook

Today the trailer for “Consumed,” the short film I wrote and executive produced(!!!), premiered online for the world to see. I also launched a post-production fundraising campaign for the film only to realize that the funding site I was using (and promoting the living daylights out of) was down for maintenance all day. In short, this translates to one epic win and one embarrassing failure on my behalf within the last 24 hours. Although the awkwardness of sending out an unusable link to dozens of people still stings a bit, I think I’m going to try and bask in the epic win instead for a while…

This short film represents a major milestone in my career, after all, and every time I watch the trailer I feel as though so many of my plans are finally falling into place. There is still such a long way to go before I achieve my goal of writing for big-time TV shows and movies, but this independent film made from my own sweat, blood, tears and life savings is a major part of my plan to get there. Spreading the word about this little film is the next part of the plan, and I would be touched to my core if you took the time to watch the trailer, share it through social-networking sites, and maybe even donate a couple dollars to the film’s post-production fund. Without further ado, here is the trailer for “Consumed,” a psychological thriller that also happens to be my labor of love…

Psst: The “Consumed” production still above was captured by the amazing talent that is Catherine Jackson Photography… I will share lots more still photos over the coming days, and right now I’m positively dying to know what you think of the trailer. Leave a comment.

• Reply Elle Sees September 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Congrats! Looks great.

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Thank you, Elle! I’m so glad to hear you like it. 🙂 Thank you so much for watching!

• Reply Blue September 14, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Wow, this looks intense! Really cool! Congrats!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Thank you so much for watching, Blue! “Intense” is totally one of the reactions I was going for. 😉 I’m so happy to hear you liked the trailer!

• Reply The Foolish Aesthete September 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Wow! Congratulations on getting your film made! Parts of the trailer were making me cover my eyes — which is something that happens to me when I view psychological thrillers (as if obviating sight would do the same in my mind’s eye). Anyway, it is great that you have been able to produce your film. My brother and sister in-law are indie film makers. They tell me how difficult it is to look for funding to make their visions realities. Good luck!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté September 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Thank you so much for checking out the trailer, Ms. Aesthete! I am exactly the same way when it comes to watching scary movies. I sit there with both hands over my eyes, peering through the tiny gaps between fingers; I love that feeling of wanting so badly to shut my eyes, yet being completely unable to look away…It really is so hard to get funding and support to make movies, so your well wishes mean a lot to me. Thanks for peeking out from behind your fingers. 😉