All Hallows

This vintage card pretty much depicts my dream Halloween night

Happy All Hallows Eve, my darlings! I don’t know about you, but I always think it’s a bit anticlimactic when Halloween falls during the work week. Strike that – as a child I found this downright tragic. Sure there was the glory of parading through school hallways in the costumes my crafty mom had spent months sewing, but homework and early bedtimes meant there were only a few hours to run through neighborhoods with young zombie princesses and sit around swapping malt balls for Butterfingers with friends. Out of consideration for the limited time kids are going to have to trade sweets with one another tonight, I’ve filled my candy bowl with my personal favorites from childhood (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Twix Bars), but I’m beginning to realize this will be a very dangerous proposition in the event that I get only a few trick-or-treaters. Ah well, here’s to hoping lots of little zombie princesses, witches, and bunnies knock on my door. What have you stocked your candy bowl with for this evening? What were your favorite candies as a child? Do you still love them or is your sweet tooth different now? Leave a comment.

Vintage postcard via Snippet and Ink.

• Reply kat @ paper doll theory October 31, 2011 at 1:03 pm

we celebrated halloween this past weekend! such a bummer that it fell on a monday this year. i live in an apt (which this is my first halloween in an apt) so i’m not sure if we do trick or treating! did you dress up? we did 🙂
    love kat

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté October 31, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I’m so happy to hear you got in some fun Halloween festivities this weekend, Kat! I’m in a similar situation as you, seeing as this is my first year living in a gated apartment complex and I have no idea how many kids are going to come knocking at my door. We’ll see. 😉 I didn’t dress up this weekend, but I’m currently trying to bust through work so I can take my dog for a long walk and check out some fun house decorations before it gets dark. Have a fabulous eve, my dear!

• Reply kristina@beancakes ★ October 31, 2011 at 11:04 pm

happy halloween to you cote!! yes, unfortunately my sweet tooth still lingers ~ and twix and reeses are a couple of my favorites as well! along w. snickers. . . never did care for the raisins or random apples although ~ and can never understand why on earth anyone would think to hand those out. . . oh well to each is own right? anyways ~ i hope that you’re having an awesome night my friend!! and much thanks once again for your sweet support 😉 😉
    xoxo ~ kristina

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté November 1, 2011 at 12:52 am

My full belly seriously wishes I could hand off some of these extra Reese’s and Twix to you right now, Kristina. 😉 I think those houses that give out raisins and apples belong to the arch nemesis of dentists – they’re trying to put all dental practices out of business one sugar-free treat at a time. 😉

• Reply letizia November 1, 2011 at 6:19 am

actually I didn’t do anything yesterday evening, we didn’t celebrate halloween, we had something planned but never gave us some news so nothing, Anyway it’s not a tradition here, it’s really more interesting in the US ! Oh I love candies, I shouln’t but I’m still eating a lot of candies, any kind!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté November 1, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I am right there with you on the adult-candy-addiction front, Letizia. We had maybe three trick-or-treaters the whole night, so I ended up eating way too many chocolates myself. Perhaps I need to move to Spain so I won’t have this excuse to keep candy around the house in October. 😉 Have a lovely day, my dear!