Fixtures

Dreamy teal and white kitchen - just one of the many home ideas I'm fixating on

I must apologize for being ridiculously absent from the blog world over the past few days, but I’ll confess my spotty postings are due to some major life brewings that have me utterly preoccupied. Namely, my husband and I are in the process of buying a house in Los Angeles. Okay, so the word “buying” may be a bit premature seeing as our final offer hasn’t been accepted yet, but we’ve been actively house hunting for several months and I have a sneaking suspicion that we’ve found our new home. The suspenseful wait to hear back from the owners is killing me, and I’ve been staying up all hours of the night installing kitchen sinks and new light fixtures in my head. Where we make our nests is such a big, lasting decision after all, and – no matter how hard I try – I can’t keep myself from imagining my life in this new space. My husband and I have already made offers on two houses that ended up going to higher bidders, so I should know not to get emotionally attached before the paperwork is signed. But, despite all the level-headed lessons experience has taught me, I remain fixated. This is human nature, though, isn’t it? I mean, haven’t you ever allowed yourself to get your hopes up even when you knew you shouldn’t? Leave a comment.

Photo via Pinterest.

• Reply Cat Jackson January 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm

“I’ve been staying up all hours of the night installing kitchen sinks and new light fixtures in my head…” Love this!

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté January 11, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the positive thoughts, you guys! All the finger crossing worked and we got the house. 🙂

• Reply Patty January 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Fingers crossed for you!

• Reply Mark January 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

Awesome that you two are buying a house in LA!!!
    Jesse and Chris are hunting for one in CT.
    Your blog is a lot of fun!!
    Always with love,
    Mark

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté January 15, 2012 at 11:17 am

That’s so exciting to hear Jesse and Chris are house hunting right now, Mark. Send them my lucky wishes, and many thanks for your sweet words! 🙂

• Reply kristina January 21, 2012 at 10:19 am

oh yes, i do this ALL THE TIME. i can’t help it actually… i love these utilitarian light fixtures… and i’m so happy that you got the house!! now you can put your imaginings to real life 😉 😉
    xoxo, kristina

• Reply Jennifer R. Coté January 23, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one who does this, Kristina…Now that we’ve got the house and are counting down the days to our move, my imaginings are becoming even more distracting. It’s so nice knowing for certain that the place will be ours, though. Thank you for the happy wishes, my dear!